But finally, my suitcase has emerged, fully emptied, from beneath a growing pile of clothes and cowboy belt buckles (I Heart Stampede).
And so here is photographic evidence that I actually went on a trip and I wasn't just saying that I did to avoid posting because I still feel like I don't know what to talk about.
I got to Van and my super awesome cousin Amy took me on a picnic to English Bay, which is right by her apartment in Vancouver. We hid cans of Strongbow in the Corona cooler so the cops wouldn't bust us for drinking in public. Yep, we totally thought that one through real good. Don't worry... we finished our drinks before the police found us.
They finally took down that stupid fence that made it so you couldn't actually get near, or even take a picture of, the Olympic Cauldron. There was tons of action going on around here because they were setting up for Canada Day the next day and there was going to be live music and they were going to re-light the Cauldron. I don't have a picture of that. But it was super cool.
And then the lovely Darlene showed me around UBC and took me to Wreak Beach. Wow thats an interesting place. I draw your attention to the naked people behind me in the picture. I especially like the chick with her legs in the air.....
[Also, you will start to notice, I have a signature pose. One arm up, one arm out and LOOK EXCITED to be here!]
CANADA DAY!!!
I love Canadian pride and I love Canada Day, but for some reason, when I was packing to head out to Vancouver I didn't pack any RED. Or anything that said CANADA, or CANUCK on it. Silly me. So I wore blue and white. Which doesn't really show off my Canadian pride.
We spent the afternoon on Grandville Island, where we had a delicious lunch (mmmm mussels) and wandered around the Grandville Market where I took pictures of all the pretty food that I will never be allowed to eat [stupid allergies]
BUT I did manage to inhale a GIANT piece of lemon meringue pie.....
It was the prefect tartness. Yummy. And for the record, Lemon Meringue shares my NUMBER 1 FAVORITE PIE spot with Cherry Pie.
Then we all headed back to Amy's for some drinking. Which is always good times. Later we managed to catch the Canada Day Parade and we headed back to Canada Place to see the Cauldron lit up and watch the fireworks. I decided to leave my camera behind for all of that so NO PICTURES!
Stay Tuned for pictures of our trip to Seattle!

Your pics are great - very professional!! I am still waiting to hear your report on Seattle tho... I would also like to publicly state that I am totally down for your USA road trip whenever you should so desire to do so. Yay for blogs!! :)
ReplyDeleteDarlene