The first time I went, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. When N. told me that we were going to a 'biker thing' I imagined a music festival with a booth that had some shiny looking bikes out front. I couldn't have been more WRONG.
Lets just say that walking up to the gates that first year in my bright red shorts and bright purple tank (yes those colours totally work together) I realized that I was completely out of place. The only things allowed in the campsite were tents, bikes and booze. It didn't seem to matter that it was 30 degrees out, everyone was wearing black leather chaps, jackets and even skull caps. I was completely intimidated.
I compensated by getting immediately shitfaced. And I'm pretty sure I had an awesome time.
This is the only picture I have of St. Victor's Boogie 2009. It looks like I am having a great time. My favorite thing about this picture is the guys shirt in the background. It says "If you can read this then the BITCH fell off"
This year I was much more prepared. I actually brought a tent. I remembered to bring a corkscrew... because I am the only one at a biker rally who drinks wine. (last year some nice bikers helped to open my wine by pushing the cork through with some tools they use to fix their bikes - classy). I even had a sleeping bag this time around.
I had a great time again! I competed in the Bike Rodeo!
Randy and I came in second place in the Tire Toss! I won 6 beer and a knife.
I did not compete in the Wiener Bite. But its too funny to pass up including a picture.
Yes that is a chick standing on the back of a bike biting a hot dog covered in mustard.
Stay tuned for many pictures of bikes....

That does NOT look like a hot dog! Dear God that picture is disturbing. I wanna win 6 beers and a knife. How friggin' cool and different is that?
ReplyDelete