Life is Short, Break the Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly




What should the name of my new food blog be?

Friday, June 4, 2010

Snow Again

Last Thursday (that's right... the end of May) it snowed again.  Not really sure what else I was expecting since this is Calgary and it always snows no matter what time of the year it is.

But it gave me a chance to get outside and take some interesting pictures.  I was working on making my whites whiter with my camera and also a little bit on composition.  I really only had a few minutes to snap these pictures as I was late for a dinner date and it was snowing like crazy so I was attempting to work my camera, hold an umbrella and not fall on my ass in the snow all at the same time.
 


In the first picture I was taking a direct reading from my light meter.  The second picture I am compensating for my camera trying to correct the white snow to 18% grey.  The white is soo much better in picture #2

I really LOVE how all the tulips had little 'snow hats' on them.


I also really like this picture.  The tulip is out of focus and all the greenery behind is in focus.  This was a complete accident but I really like the effect.


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails