Life is Short, Break the Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly




What should the name of my new food blog be?

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

To Snooze or not to Snooze

I hit the snooze button.  A lot.  Often.  At least 8 times in the morning.  Which is a lot of times. 

I also turn off the alarm, instead of hitting snooze so that it stops bugging me. To make sure I still wake up, I set many many alarms.  And I have to regularly change the times they are set for so that I don't get used to it and in my sleep manage to turn off the alarm at the exact second it goes off.

I used to hide alarms around my room so that I had to get up to turn them off.  But then I didn't turn them off... I just slept through the terrible buzzer noise.  Or sometimes I turned them off and got back into bed.

I'm not really sure what my problem is because I get up just as early on the weekends plenty of times, but I never have this much trouble getting out of bed.  On the weekends I spring out of bed, refreshed and ready for the day.  Even today, today I should have been excited to get out of bed.  I was getting up early to get to work early so that I could leave early so that I could start my vacation to *spoiler alert* Vancouver and Seattle!!! But no.  I still hit snooze as many times as I could get away with.

And I had a dream.  Last night.  About my alarm clock.  I dreamed that there was an invention of a new type of alarm.  I'm a little blurry on the details but I think it was a new buzzer sound that stimulates your 'waking up' section of your brain [<--- that was a super technical term that totally is actually real.  look it up].  Either that or it hits you over the head with a hammer.  Oh... and it was also an app on my iPhone.  $1.99 for all the beating and ear drum bleeding you can handle. 

Anyways last night was the very first trial of this new prototype of the super awesome bludgeoning alarm and I was the first person ever to test it out. I still managed to sleep though it. I remember thinking "This new alarm really sucks.  I think even a baby can sleep through this"

Turns out I hate alarms so much that even in my dreams when I am being hit with a hammer I still won't wake up.  I think this proves that I can sleep through anything. I have super powers where I can sleep anywhere, any time and through anything. 

3 comments:

  1. I snooze HEAVILY. I wake up at 9 to be at work at 10. And I snooze until 9:35 a.m. It's horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can even sleep in the middle of a crowded pub, which is in the middle of a crowded airport, which is in the middle of a crowded city, which is London....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I totally can sleep anywhere. especially when I am jet lagged!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails