Because of work I can really only get out to the mountains on weekends and on weekends during the summer I am busy going on weekend trips, taking up golf, chores, hanging out with friends and getting day drunk.
But so far I have managed to get out on a short little afternoon hike just outside of Canmore to a place called Heart Creek Hiking Trail. It was a super easy hike and a great way to start off the season. Here are some pictures:
All along the trail there are amazing rock faces and tons of people apparently go climbing along this trail. It's really cool to watch.
Here I am trying to work on some stuff for my photography class. This is the little waterfall at the top of the hiking trail. You have to climb some rocks to really get a good look at it. I'm playing around with shutter speed here. So in the first picture I am trying to have each drop of water be distinct and clear, frozen in time, and so I used a really fast shutter speed.
In this picture the water is supposed to looking like it is moving down the rocks and so its all fuzzy and blurry and you can tell its flowing down the river. The rocks are still all in focus though. Here I used to slowest shutter speed I could to get the proper exposure.
I even got to do a little bit of rock climbing myself! Nothing too intense and certainly nothing that needed ropes, but these are the rocks you need to climb to be able to really see the waterfall I was taking pictures of.
Hopefully I will be able to get back out to the mountains again soon!

"getting day drunk"
ReplyDeleteYay for day drinking!
Haha yep I love day drinking. It totally takes precedence over things like physical fitness and hiking.
ReplyDeleteIt's the reason that we have summer patios :)