Life is Short, Break the Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly




What should the name of my new food blog be?

Thursday, October 21, 2010

New York - Part 2

More NYC!!!!!

LETTERMAN!!!  So much fun.  You have to win tickets to get in, so we got pretty lucky.  BF and I had a great time at the show, plus there were some surprises for us...



Apparently, if your super awesome and super enthusiastic while waiting in line.... you get SPECIAL TICKETS!!!!! And special tickets mean that you get to SIT IN THE FRONT!!!


So there we are, right up at the front, watching Letterman interview Hilary Swank... which was exciting.  On a side note though.... Letterman likes his studio to be FREEZING COLD. Seriously.  I think its just to make the audience uncomfortable.  It was like being back in Canada cold.

AND THEN.... BF and I scored tickets in the 16th row of the orchestra section (right in the middle at the front!!!) to WICKED, which I'm pretty sure is the greatest musical of all time ever.  I unfortunately don't have any pictures of that wonderful wonderful night, but lets just say that if you ever only have the chance to only see one musical in your entire life, it should be Wicked.

Also... read the book.  Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire is on the top of my list of recommended books.  READ IT!!!

While we were sitting in our seats during intermission the person sitting next to me started chatting with me.  He was obviously not from New York, or even the USA (super thick accent) but he still turned to me at one point and said 'Are you from Canada?' and I, slightly taken aback, said yes and asked how he knew.  His response 'My friend told me that they say "Eh" in Canada'.  Haha so I apparently do fit the stereotype!

Anyways, here are some pictures of the other things we did in New York.... Though to be honest I stopped carrying my camera around for a couple days (it gets too heavy!!!) so there are a lot of things we did that are missing.

View of the Statue of Liberty from Battery Park


Grand Central Station (a nice picture of me, but also a nice picture of the ass of the guy next to me)


Times Square at Night





ANNNNDDDDD thats it for pictures.  BUT I do want to talk about food for a minute.  New York has AMAZING food, and our hotel was right beside the restaurant district and so you better believe that I practically ate my way through the city.  I strongly STRONGLY believe that a cities awesomeness rating depends highly on its food.

So here's a few of the things we ate:

BF tried Clams, Oysters and Lobster for the very first time ever.  He liked the clams, he liked the lobster, but he did not like the oysters.

I tried Oysters for the first time ever (raw oysters anyways... I'd had cooked and smoked before) and I LOVED THEM.  Yummy.  Or maybe I loved the extremely large amounts of tabasco I put on them.  Either way at one point during our trip I had just finished a gigantic meal of pasta and dessert, and even though my belly was about to split open it was so full, I dragged BF to an oyster bar I had seen earlier and proceeded to eat a whole bunch of oysters.  It was so yummy and totally worth having BF wonder if I had an extra stomach to hold all that food in.

Other delish things I ate in NYC include a jerk chicken vegan pizza, black squid ink pasta with a seafood white wine sauce, dumplings in China town, braised lamb shank, and oh so much more, pad thai, masaman curry with shrimp, and to be honest even stopping at a coffee shop and grabbing a breakfast sandwich was exciting!

Basically.... to sum it all up, I LOVE New York and I had a fantastic trip.  And my tummy was very happy and full while I was there.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, I love that guys ass next to you in Grand Central..as well as the ass to the other side of you.

    You look itsy bitsy!!

    PS I love that jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome is it that you got front row seats to Letterman? Congrats! What's even more awesome is that jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Jerk chicken vegan pizza"....is this even possible? Sounds delish....

    jhou

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. is it wrong that I'm pretending every single complement for the jacket is a complement for me too? Man, I have good fashion sense...


    jhou

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the jacket compliment! Haha yeah jhou everyone I know now has that jacket... my cousin, you and now my aunt just bought it also. :p

    also, vegan jerk chicken pizza was wonderful. it was made with daiya cheese and yummy spicy tofu pieces. I'm totally going to attempt to make it myself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails