I'm always talking about the things I want to do, or the things I've just done recently. But there are so many things that I've done in the past that are truly amazing and were checked off a past version of my 'Bucket List'.
I've climbed the Eiffel Tower.
Sort of.
Paris.
2005.
August.
Anyways I was over in Paris with my sister, cousin and an awesome friend. We were on a Contiki Tour, and this was probably day 2 of the 3 week trip. We somehow decided that everything in Paris was walking distance (its not) and so since early in the morning we had managed to walk to the Louvre from wherever the bus dropped us off. Then all through the Louvre. Then to Notre Dame (the other direction from the Eiffel Tower). Then through some side streets just wandering around. Then finally after hours of walking (I'm not exaggerating) we made it to the Eiffel Tower. Where there were giant line ups. So we got in one.
While we were waiting we took this picture....
I'm not sure why we thought this was a good idea... but whatever.
When we got to the front of the line up, it suddenly became apparent that we had NOT gotten in the line for the elevator that takes you to the top of the Tower. Nope. We got in the ONLY line that makes you climb the stairs.
And so we climbed... and climbed....
This was the last in a series of stair pictures that I took. I'm pretty sure that it was around this time that I became discouraged at how high the number was getting so I stopped taking pictures all together.
But we finally made it.... to the second level. And we could go no farther.
So this is me, in the only picture proof I have that I made it up a bunch of stairs at the Eiffel Tower.
I obviously must do it again... and next time make it to the top. Maybe pay attention to which line up I'm getting into.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I went the lazy route and put Climb DOWN the Eiffel Tower on my Bucket List ;) I ended up racing a friend down the stairs from top to bottom. We beat our friends that took the elevator bc they were stuck standing in a line. Suckers!
ReplyDeleteHahahaha I love how you're the only one who looks excited at the top of those stairs Jane! It was a lasting memory of Paris. I've been telling myself for years that I need to do a Paris-do-over. :)
ReplyDeleteParis is on my "life list" for sure :)
ReplyDeletep.s. New blog address!