Life is Short, Break the Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly




What should the name of my new food blog be?

Friday, August 27, 2010

Birthday Day!

Today its my birthday... which means that I'm really popular on facebook. And that I get to eat cake AND pie. 

And people just give me presents!  YAY!

So far I have received some sweet new golf clubs from my Grandpa.  He gave them to be a couple of weeks ago so that I can actually get a chance to use them this summer.  Because according to today's birthday weather forecast, I'm not ever going to get to golf again because its practically winter outside.

But to be honest, I'm just excited to have my party and eat all the delicious desserts I can eat in one sitting (who needs dinner anyways?  Just bring me a pie!) hang out with my family, and my Amma, whose birthday I totally stole right out from under her.

It's exciting having your birthday on the same day as your Grandma's.  Ever since I was a baby, I've always had a big party because of it.  My family birthday dinners were always a little bit more exciting because I got to blow out the candles WITH someone.  We got to make a wish at the same time.  We got to open our presents together.

Now I know that I often like being the center of attention, but opening presents is totally nerve wracking! Everyone is staring at you like you have a third eye, and scrutinizing your every move because they need to know if you really actually like the present they gave you.  You have to have extreme control over your facial expressions and everything that you say. 

For example - you get a present from your best friend Sally [Sally is totally fictional].  And she gave you this....



It's a self stirring mug. 

BUT Sally is your best friend ever.  BFFL, if you will.  So you need to plaster an excited smile on your face and pour yourself a drink immediately, DO NOT ask out loud about batteries, but DO exclaim, this gift is amazing!  Thanks for taking into consideration how my carpal tunnel flares up every time I make myself a drink :) Also, do not question what sort of animal print is on the cup.... its has spots like a leopard, but is black and white like a zebra....??? I don't get it. Maybe its a Dalmatian print? Do I send out the message that I want to be Cruella De Ville's look-a-like?



So that's why I love opening presents with my Grandma... she takes the heat off.  Not that I often get bad gifts... Just that I hate being watched, because what if I love the gift but then I have a weird face twitch?

Well I'm off to go search for some breakfast cake.... so everyone out there have a great day celebrating my BIRTHDAY :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha, that's so true about opening presents. It's nerve wracking indeed.

    Anyway, happy birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails