In 2 days I turn 25. That's a quarter of a century, and if the stats about life expectancy apply to me, I've lived over 30% of my life. A huge chunk of my life, gone, over and done with.
Everyone seem to be having 'Quarter Life Crisis' these days. I'm not really sure what that's all about. Yeah I'm panicking a little. I'm getting older and supposedly more mature and wise and rich. But I'm pretty syre that in actual fact I'm probably getting more immature, silly and poor.
Really though, I'm excited for my birthday. I haven't had a good solid birthday in a couple of years, and I feel like this year is going to be a great one. Last year I drove for 8 hours to Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan and was presented with a delightful looking cupcake that I couldn't eat [stupid allergies]. For many many years my birthday has always landed on a wedding, because August is prime wedding season.
But this year....
My Amma [Icelandic for Grandma] and I will be having a fantastic night filled with my favorite cake [with the recipe changed just so I can have some] to celebrate our joint birthday.
I will be partyine with all my awesome friends on Saturday night [if your in Calgary and want to come send me a message and I'll let you know where!]
I will be starting my Project 365 [12 on the list] and I will be taking at least one picture a day for 365 days, my entire 25th year.
I will be completing my food challenge [10] but with a few adjustments.... its my list and I can do what I want with it!
My sister and I will be purchasing a home together [9].
I will finish the Lord of the Rings books [21].
I will be a Brownie Leader [Girl Scout for all you Americans out there]
And hopefully I will complete a few other items along the way ;)
Maybe I was wrong. Now that I am looking at my list I am seeing my Quarter Life Crisis shinning through. While I've had a 'life list' as long as I can remeber, I've never imposed deadlines before.
Either way, I'm getting older and I'm excited about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment