Life is Short, Break the Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly




What should the name of my new food blog be?

Friday, August 13, 2010

I got drunk for free and then went FLYING

I would like to know who invented the wonderful fabulous fantastic idea to take wineries (places traditionally used to crush grapes with your feet and add yeast to make boozy booze) and turn them into FREE TOURIST ATTRACTIONS!!!  Because that person is a genius.  Seriously.

BF and I went to Osoyoos last week while we were on vacation. It was a bit of a drive from where we were staying, but totally worth it.  Because they have many many many wineries.  And we went to 9 of them.  And at these magical places they give you tasters, so you can decide you can't live without cases and cases of their fantastic wine. Tasters basically are little tiny mini glasses of wine, and the let you try EVERYTHING.  So we averaged about 4 tiny mini glasses of white and 4 tiny mini glasses of red at each winery.  That adds up quickly.

But we decided we could live without cases and cases.  In fact we realized that we mostly prefer our wine to be free, which is why we went to so many places.  So we drove around the fantastic Osoyoos country side, visiting places that look like castles (this is the only picture I took of the entire winery adventure), and getting drunk for free.


After many many many tasters, my nose was tingly and BF had stopped drinking several wineries earlier.  In short... I was drunk.

So we made the only logical choice there was to make.  We went PARASAILING!!! Drunk parasailing.

This is BF floating through the sky....



I was totally loving being up in the clouds and of course I was super graceful and pretty while I was flying through the air.... (yep you can totally tell I'm wasted in this picture.  The smell of booze is probably radiating from your computer screen now)



And then when it was time to land.... I had some troubles.  But I am 100% blaming the wind and that this was totally a sketchy parasailing operation and not on the booze.  Because no matter what my many cuts, bruises and scars might say, I am totally very coordinated when I am drunk.


I love these guys reactions.  You can just hear them yelling 'OH SHIT' as I come in for my crash landing.


Guy in the Green Shirt: "Shit dude I need help!"
Guy in White Shorts: "Fuck!  I don't need these flags, I gotta go help!"
Me: "What the Fuck is going on?!?!?!" 



Green Shirt and White Shorts: "Oh Thank GOD!! We caught her!!"
Me: "Why am I on the ground?"


See that smile on my face?  That is me realizing that I have just gone through a traumatic experience and I am still alive.  That is pure drunken happiness.


So I think the moral of this story is that if you go parasailing drunk you need to remember 3 things:

1. Getting drunk for free is best
2. Ensure that there are highly trained 17 year olds around to save you when you crash land
3. Make sure someone is nearby with a camera to take many many pictures.

Also... check out BF's blog.  He also wrote about our vacation....

2 comments:

  1. Ah hahahahahaha, I forgot about the dude throwing the flags! Hahaha, why did he feel the need to be so dramatic about that? He could have just dropped them, but NO he needed an over-the-top flag throw. Gold.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails