Life is Short, Break the Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly




What should the name of my new food blog be?

Monday, September 27, 2010

Concrete Jungle Where Dreams are Made Of

Boys and Girls.....

I'm off to New York!  Well, not yet, but 2 weeks today I'll be surrounded by food, Broadway, museums, high heals, high fashion and wonderfulness. And I couldn't be more excited. OMG I LOVE NEW YORK!!!

BF is being sent to a conference in the Big Apple, and so I'm going to tag along for the ride.  It seems like the stars have aligned to make sure that I go on this fantastic wonderful vacation.  Free hotel, West Jet seat sale on direct flights, work giving me an extra week vacation that I wouldn't normally have.... its totally fate and I can't wait to get there.

I've been lucky enough to have been to the city twice before. Once in summer 2007 and for New Years in New York for 2008.  Each time I fell in love with the city more and more. And I can't wait to go back.

Here are the very few pictures I have of my first trip to NYC.... (I wasn't really into photography then)


In front of the fountain that the cast of FRIENDS plays in during the opening credits




In front of the Opera house... I think.  I can't remember.  Some famous concert hall for sure though. Maybe Carnegie Hall?


So now that I've made you all super jealous of my jet setting ways, let me know if you have any suggestions of things to do/eat/see while in NYC!! 


1 comment:

  1. Ok I will comment.
    Broadway: Avenue Q. So funny.
    Eat: You need to go a Jewish deli and eat a bagel with whitefish. You will die it is so delicious. Magnolia Bakery. Pretty much anything. NYC is delicious.
    Shop: Soho
    Window Shop: 5 ave.
    Good sources of info: Time Out New York (online), New York Times (online)---I went with their "best coffee houses" and tried a few, it was fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails