I have never really be scared of adventure-ish stuff. Since I've started this blog I've been para-sailing... twice, zorbing, and I didn't write about it but I went on the roller coaster at West Edmonton Mall too. I know, your thinking that roller coasters aren't scary.... but this one totally is. People have died on it, granted it was a long time ago when it first opened and I can only imagine how strict the safety protocol is now, but that's still scary.
Things I have done but haven't blogged about include cliff jumping from 40 ft, zip lines, rock climbing and so much more. Bottom line... I'm a big fan of adventure and testing my limits. And now I know what my limits are.
I never thought that bungee jumping would scare me. I was nervous, but I couldn't even imagine a situation where, when I got up there, I couldn't walk off that edge. But I couldn't. Strange thing is, up until the moment before I was supposed to jump, I was fine.
Here is picture proof of me looking excited and not at all scared.
Oh yeah... safety harnesses do wonders for accentuating my fat. Sooo attractive.
The second that the jump master dude said 'you can go anytime now' and rang that buzzer.....
I couldn't breathe anymore. I was terrified.
The ENTIRE waterpark below began chanting 'jump! jump! jump!' and I still couldn't go.
And so I didn't.
There were offers to push me off, let me run and jump, that they would hold onto my harness and I could lean out, they would let go only if I wanted.
But it just wasn't happening.
Which means that the entire waterpark then yelled 'BOOOOO!'
At which point BF [who had jumped before me and was watching from the pool] got all angry and yelled 'You did not just boo at my girlfriend!' and probably broke at least 6 different pool/bungee jump rules and raced back up to the top of the platform to comfort me and make sure that I wasn't hyperventilating so badly that I would fall off because I had passed out. Which was nice of him.
So I guess where I'm going with this is that I will not be bungee jumping and I will not be skydiving. They were on my list before, but they are long gone now.
Here are some super awesome shots of some of my friends who did manage to take that leap.....
That's BF!
BigDieselDave!!! (he's in the top right corner....)
**Ohhh and thanks to Adam for all these pictures!

Never seen anything like that indoors before, looks pretty mad but no doubt quite an adrenalin rush - even not going through with the jump itself. You do right though, no point giving yourself a heart attack just to please the crowds if you don't feel right about doing it and kudos to the BF for his support :)
ReplyDelete