Life is Short, Break the Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly




What should the name of my new food blog be?

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Steig Larsson

WOW what a good book.  I couldn't' put it down. 

I'm not normally a 'murder/mystery' reader, and this book certainly made me wonder why.  I couldn't help but be pulled in and try and figure out, along with Mikael Blomkvist, who had done it. 

Published after the author died, this is the first book in the Millennium Trilogy and I can't wait to get my hands on the rest.  The first book was also just made into a movie and received rave reviews.  I can't wait to see it as well. 

I think what I really loved was the sparseness of the novel.  I'm not sure how to put it into words, but it just felt bare and desolate and cold.  It really felt Scandinavian to me, if that makes any sense. 

Anyways I would read this book again in a second, if I had the time.  You should read it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails