1. People won't shut up about the Eyjafjalljökull Volcano
2. I just went to an Icelandic Convention
3. I'm trying to find funding to go to an Icelandic National League Convention in Iceland in September
I've also been thinking about Whales, because I'm reading Moby Dick.
When I think about both these things together, it reminds me of the time I visited the President of Iceland's house.
The President of Iceland was in possession of:
A Narwhal Horn
For those of you who don't know (I didn't until after the incident I'm about to describe) a Narwhal is a type of whale that is hunted (yes even today) for its meat and for its fancy looking Horn, which is all twisty and pretty and white and looks like a Unicorn horn. In fact, back in the day, Whalers used to sell Narwhal horns to gullible rich people, telling the idiots that the horns were from Unicorns, and thus perpetuating rumors that Unicorns exist.*
Anyways, since the President of Iceland was nice enough to let us into his house... THIS is how I decided I should act....
Why yes, yes that is ME, using a NARWHAL HORN to POLE DANCE with in the PRESIDENT of ICELAND'S HOUSE!!! If that doesn't scream classy, I don't know what does.
After the wonderful photo above I decided to clean up my act and start taking nice, respectable pictures.
Turns out I don't even have my own copy of this one. I had to take it from my friends facebook. I obviously know which pictures are most important.
Meeting foreign dignitaries in their own homes = less important.
Having photo evidence of me acting inappropriately = more important.
*If I was rich enough to be that gullible, I would totally buy a 'Unicorn horn' if I had the cash for it.





You're my hero.
ReplyDeleteYeah, hi, I'm Kelli. The first thing I saw on your blog is the picture of you pole-dancing with a narwhal horn in the president of Iceland's home.
ReplyDeleteIf that doesn't make me follow a blog, I don't know what will.
Haha thanks guys! I'm very glad I got photo evidence of that one :)
ReplyDeleteHahahaha WOW! Wanna go to Iceland with me? You're right, your story is a little crazier than my encounter with W.
ReplyDelete