Life is Short, Break the Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly




What should the name of my new food blog be?

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Icelandic Convention

I spent the weekend in Toronto at an Icelandic Convention and I had a great time!

I caught up with all my Snorri friends, met some awesome Icelanders, got myself a couple of pieces of fresh lava rock from the currently exploding Eyjafjalljökull volcano, finally put some faces to names for people I deal with all the time on the Icelandic National League of North America, received an invitation to the Icelandic National League of Iceland convention in Reykjavík in September (hopefully I will be able to go), spent too much money shopping and got to spend some quality time with some family and friends who are not Icelandic that live in Toronto.



So funny joke that was circulating around the convention.

Apparently the U.K. keeps asking Iceland for CASH, but all they get back is ASH!
(Haha its funny because according to the U.K., Iceland owes them billions of dollars.  Its also funny because there is no letter 'C' in the Icelandic alphabet.  And I also know its not funny at all anymore because I had to explain the joke)

2 comments:

  1. aw, that looks and sounds like such a good time!
    the town i grew up in, in Manitoba, was an Icelandic settlemnet so i think that it's so cool you're Icelandic!
    and that joke IS funny, even though you had to explain it. ha ha.

    love&light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for laughing at my joke!

    There are so many Icelandic settlements in Manitoba. I think its awesome that you are from one (I've even a little jealous)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails