Life is Short, Break the Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly




What should the name of my new food blog be?

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Looting My Grandfathers House

Sooo happy news, my Grandfather recently moved in with his girlfriend (lady friend? - what do you call it at that age?) 

At 85, and having outlived 2 wives, my grandfather is doing pretty well for himself.  He just moved in with his girlfriend, which is probably the best choice for him as he is mostly blind (only about 30% left in one eye) and even though he is very active he probably wouldn't have been able to live by himself much longer.

And the happy news part is that since grandpa's girlfriend already has a fully furnished house and does not want grandpa to move in any of his 'stuff' we get to raid his house for exciting items.  And lets just say that my sister and I were super successfullllll.

So here are some pictures of the awesome things we snagged... and are very lucky to have because otherwise we would never ever be able to afford them....

Turns out my dad is secretly an artist.  


Silver Punch Bowl, Cups and Platter 


 We got SOOOO much crystal stemware.  Which is cool with me because I love crystal stemware. White wine glasses, red wine glasses, goblets, champagne glasses, scotch decanters, highball glasses and its wonderful.


Wonderful Wonderful Butler Tray.  Its going to be so shiny and silver when its polished. And I love anything shiny.


Why yes that is a silver goblet.  Apparently my grandfather lived through the middle ages or something equally ridiculous that managed to score him some sweet silver goblets.  I will probably feel like a viking princess (again... I reminisce about my viking princess days all the time) when its all polished up.  Or like I should be drinking blood out of it and making an oath that I will never be able to break. Something like the 'Unbreakable Vow' but with goblets instead of wands. 

 
Now I just need a house to put all my new stuff in. 

1 comment:

  1. Love that goblet! Even though it will probably just sit anywhere in the house.

    Drinking blood while making pacts. Now my imagination soars!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails