Life is Short, Break the Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly




What should the name of my new food blog be?

Monday, April 19, 2010

Volcanoes are Whack

Apparently everyone hates Iceland right now.  Which is unfortunate.  And totally not Iceland's fault.  Blame the Earth people.  Not the country that the Earth is ravaging with hot molten lava.

As the former Icelandic Princess of Alberta, the Culture and Youth Director for the Icelandic National League of North America (how is it a national league for more than one nation you ask?  so do I.... I have yet to receive an answer) and I also run a class for language and culture here in Calgary, lets just say I've been getting a little bit of crap from people about how my country is messing up everyone's travel plans.

Me and my Queen (Fjallkona) and the other princess, back in 2007, my reigning year

I'm heading to Toronto this week for the annual Icelandic Convention (yes that exists) and lets just say timing could probably be better.  And funny enough, all the Icelanders are actually going to be able to make it to this fantastic event, because the Icelandic Airport at Keflavik has not been effected by the ash from the volcano. 

Sometime in the future... maybe when people are hating on Iceland a little less... I will post some super awesome pictures of my trip there in 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails