"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
Another genius of a writer, Douglas Adams makes the world into a joke. No scratch that, he makes the universe into a joke. He really does take the Earth and turn it upside down and shake it a little bit. Sometimes he even has it blown up.
Mixed in with seemingly mindless humor are gems of wisdom and common sense. I love the idea of learning to fly. I love the idea of throwing yourself at the ground and just hoping and hoping that it will work. I also love that Adam's mentions that it works best if, while falling at an alarming rate towards the ground, you get distracted enough to forget to continue to fall then that is also flying. Brilliant.
Just leap and hope that everything turns out alright! If it doesn't then the worst that can happen is a few bumps and scrapes.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment