Life is Short, Break the Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly




What should the name of my new food blog be?

Friday, February 26, 2010

Today, I am dumber than a rock

For those of you who don't know, I split my time between 2 offices.  I work in one downtown ('Sales Office') and one out in a super sketchy neighborhood ('The Shop').  I have a laptop that I cart back and forth between these two offices, along with stacks of files and other items I need to actually work during the day.  

This morning was going as planned right from the time I woke up.  I got dressed, ate breakfast, walked out the door and drove to 'The Shop' and managed to show up on time, not even 5 minutes late (I am chronically late for work).

First thing I notice when I get to work is the fact that it looks like the Slovakian pride parade has thrown up in my office.  It also looks like the Canadian pride parade marched through.. but they didn't have as much success as the Slovaks with plastering flags and slogans over every available surface.  I would like to mention that while we do live in Canada we have a few Slovakian's in the office.  And as the semi-finals for Hockey in the Olympics is tonight and Canada is playing Slovakia there is some tension.  Mass team bashing emails are being sent around the office.  Comments from the Slovaks saying things like "If you cheer for Slovakia tonight then I will make sure to cheer for Canada in the Bronze medal game"  and the Canadian's saying "Your going to be eating humble... no make that hockey puck... pie tonight Slovakia" and the Slovakian's immediately reply "Haha we make all the hockey pucks so we are going to feed them to you!"

Though I have noticed all of this... I have not managed to notice that I left my laptop back at home.  Yep silly me.  I didn't notice till after I had stood around chatting for a while, went up to my desk, wrote some notes of things to accomplish today, and then attempted to look at my computer to see all the hockey-war emails I have heard so much about.

So I do the walk of shame past the front desk and look sheepish while I tell the girls "I forgot my computer at home.  I will be back soon." I drive all the way to my house (with a quick stop for some coffee... mmmmm triple tall 2 pump white mocha with room americano) have a quick chat with my mom, eat a little more breakfast (banana) and get back into my car and drive to work.

I am almost back at 'The Shop' when I look around in my car and realize.... There is no computer in my car.  Actually.  This is where the dumb as a rock part comes in.  Yep.  I actually drove all the way home from work to get my computer and I managed to leave it there... again.  And I didn't realize till I was 20km away.  So I turn back around and head home AGAIN.  Embarrassed.  And convinced that there must be something medically wrong with my brain for me to be THAT stupid.

So now, after a significant amount of time wasted by this mornings adventures, I am at work... wasting more time by writing this blog.  Oh well, it must mean that I wasn't supposed to accomplish anything today.  Fate is telling me to slack off.

P.S.  Canada is going to kick Slovakia's ass tonight in the Semi-Finals.  Go Canada Go!!

2 comments:

  1. This is only more proof that you are turning into your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks for that! I have one day where I am a little forgetful and all of a sudden I am my mother!

    Sad thing is that its totally true....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails