Life is Short, Break the Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly




What should the name of my new food blog be?

Friday, March 19, 2010

Googling Me

Many of my wonderful friends out there have expressed concern over how I was apparently a little harsh in one of yesterdays blog post's.  Which, by the way, the situation totally deserved.  Anyways apparently the concern is my boss finding my blog and reading yesterdays, and probably some of the other, posts.  Which I will admit is a possibility.

To find out how easy it is to find my blog, I googled myself.  Yep.  Strange, but I haven't really done that in a long time.  And, much to my surprise, I had both 2 top spots.  Last time I googled myself I went back 3 pages and couldn't find ANYTHING.  Google kept bringing up someone named Sarah Jane McReynolds Osmotherly.  She has now been relegated to spot number 3.  This also explains why I have never had any trouble using my name as a username on websites.  I've never had to be janemcreynolds86123959834@emailaddress.com.  That's because no one has my name!  YAY!

Sooo the google search resulted in my Linkedin profile, which is innocent enough, and my twitter account, which could be slightly more problematic.  True, my blog is linked to my twitter.  True, I do announce blog posts on my twitter.  But... I am pretty sure my boss isn't going to google me.  And even if he does, I am pretty sure he is against twitter.  He is from a different generation and not a celebrity sooo I think tweeting is low on his list of priorities.

Besides.... even if he does find it, he totally deserves to know how scarred I am by his public display of almost nudity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails