Life is Short, Break the Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly




What should the name of my new food blog be?

Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Boss is in a Speedo

My boss has done many many inappropriate things during my tenure at his company.  All things that should never have been said/done in front of the HR person.

But this one is the worst.  This one almost had me thinking about quitting on the spot, thereby forcing me to start on one of my more recent resolutions to find a new job a little earlier than planned.  I seriously considered burning out my retinas after this experience but then realized that doing so would not help to remove the mental picture. I need one of those magnets that people use to erase hard drives but for my brain.

OOHHHH can someone please hit me really hard over the head so that I get amnesia and forget all about this event?  Please?

There are 3 facts that could have possibly led my boss to believe that it is ok to prance around the workplace in a speedo.  I intend to describe below how my boss wrongly interpreted these facts.

FACT 1: My office is in an apartment building that has a pool. 

So What?  It is still an office.  There are no 'bedrooms' in our office.  Only office space.  And besides that it is practically a crack-house of an apartment building.  Sketchy-est building downtown for sure.  You would probably get hepatitis just from looking at the pool, let alone swimming in it. 

FACT 2: There are no change rooms down at the pool. 

Yet another reason to NOT USE THE POOL! Who wants to ride an elevator in a crack-house building down 26 flights to the pool, while wearing something that most men don't even consider to have enough fabric to be called underwear?  Not many people I know.  And even if you do decide to go swimming, that does not give you license to wander around the office in your speedo.  Get a regular swimsuit and then make sure you are covered up.  And I mean covered up.  Put all your clothes back on over top.  Or wear a bathrobe and a Snuggie just to make sure that your innocent co-workers eyes aren't ruined forever. 

FACT 3: My boss used to be a world class diver. 

'Used to' is the important part of this particular fact.  'Used to' as in 25 years ago when he was in his early 20's, perfect physical condition and had an actual reason to wear a speedo!!! He should now be wearing a regular swimsuit and realizing that he is not 20 anymore and no one wants to see that shit.  I mean NO ONE! Seriously.  

On a completely related note I'm going to see if I can stop working at the downtown office and work solely out of our shop so that I never ever have to see that shit again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails