So I have been really into the website TED lately, it somehow makes slacking off at work feel much more productive. If you haven't been you should check it out!
Apparently TED stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design but covers more topics than just those three, and is basically videos of talks given by famous people, industry experts, interesting people etc... I'm actually a little upset that I didn't get into TED earlier, because there was a talk here in Calgary not long ago that would have been interesting to see.
I have been attempting to watch at least one video a day, and some days this is easier than others, but I feel so much smarter since I started! Right now I am watching James Cameron talk about Avatar, the Titanic, scuba diving and science fiction. Its an interesting talk that basically outlines how he came up with a number of the ideas seen in his movies. James Cameron: Before Avatar... a curious boy
Here are some other videos that I really loved...
Temple Grandin: The World Needs All Kinds
Keith Barry Does Brain Magic
Anyways, look forward to me linking awesome TED talks here as I watch them, because I am obsessed with it!! I will probably post on twitter too!
I have been informed that I am at least 3 years to late to this bandwagon. Oh well! I always say 'better late than never!' Oh and apparently I also use cliche lines in my blog post. haha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

um have you watched the one thats like "20 things you didn't know about the female orgasm.?" best TED video ever.
ReplyDelete-caitlin
I have not... but I will right this second!!! Soo excited to watch that. Seriously.
ReplyDelete