I am terrible with directions. Actually terrible. I am almost always lost.
Today I was supposed to meet up with the wonderful J for lunch in between some of her 'I'm looking for a job in a crappy economy' meetings. We were meeting at 5th Ave and 8th St, which really shouldn't be that hard to find as it is only 3 blocks from my building. But of course I screwed it up. I walked all the way to 8th Ave and 5th St at which point I figured out I was lost, but decided to become un-lost by walking in the opposite direction of where I wanted to end up. Silly me. So after walking about 10 blocks rather than 3 I showed up at my lunch date with J laughing at me because I always have stories like this.
Recently I have gotten worse than ever. Left and Right confuse me a lot. People always remind me that my left hand looks like an L, but somehow that doesn't help because then I think about it too much and I forget what an L looks like (yes I am that blond sometimes. Just because I changed my hair color doesn't mean I deserve it). And I am often giving people directions and I mix up which is the street and which is the avenue. Or if we are in the SW or SE. And don't even bother telling me that something is on the North, or South side of the street. Because that will just cause me to turn around in a circle and attempt to figure out where the sun is and what time of day it is and pretend I am like MacGyver and can tell directions from all that stuff.
Moral of the story: if I ever give you directions, tell you an address, ask you to turn left of right while directing you in a car, always always be skeptical. Because if I can't even give myself good directions I probably can't give you good directions either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment